Saturday, June 06, 2009

Bedroom portrait



This is a painting of Alli and Zeke's bedroom. I want to do a series of these because for me the bedroom is the part of the house that i pay the least attention to. I think that this is the room that is the most personal, not just because we sleep there, have sex there, get dressed/undressed there; but because we hide there. It might be a space that two people share, but you don't really share it with lots of people as a rule. Its a refuge. I have the idea that the way people treat their bedrooms might say something about them. My bedroom is a mess. Eventually I will paint a picture of it.

Side note: Alli is the best. I told her about this idea and she got really excited and wanted me to paint her room so basically this is a collaboration. she took a beautiful polaroid that i used for the painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home